Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Happiness



I am a happy girl.  Today I was thinking about how blessed I am for so many reasons and was feeling particularly happy because God is doing so many great things for us here in Seattle.  As a recent Mrs., I have never been happier after marrying my best friend seven months ago.  We have been together over six and half years, and now that we are married it has been SO fun to:
  1. live together (and purchase our first house!)
  2. create our home together (and go furniture shopping!)
  3. work together (yes, we really do work together and it's wonderful!)
We pretty much do everything together. We only have one car and for the most part it works out great. We never get sick of each other and we live a pretty simple life.   We are both naturally optimistic, positive, and HAPPY people, so together we make a pretty fantastic team. 

But one thing I think is so true is that happiness is a choice. The second you are faced with a difficult situation, you choose your outlook and how you are going to respond and handle it.  Do you see the glass half full or half empty?  There are definitely times that I  get discouraged and times where I need encouragement.  Having a hard day or going through tough times is apart of life, there is no way around it.  Happiness doesn't have a universal formula that can be applied to everyone.  I've learned that for me, if something isn't making me happy or is bringing me stress, I need to remove it from my life and be okay with it.  For the most part, it's that simple (but sometimes very difficult to do). To sum it up, do things that make you happy, and eliminate the things that don't. Often the simplest things make the biggest differences...give it a try :)


Things that make me happy happy happy:
  • Traveling
  • Dates with my husband
  • A clean house
  • The beauty of the outdoors
  • Flavorful healthy meals
  • Baking
  • Craft projects
  • Exercise
  • Family/friend time

A few things that don't:
  • Running on a treadmill
  • Negative and flaky people
  • Gossip 
  • Washing our car in the cold...but I do this anyways because it makes my husband happy  :)

A quote from my favorite romance movie- I don’t need things to make me happy.  A nice quiet place to unwind at the end of the day, beautiful views, a few good friends.  What else is there? ~ Nicholas Sparks


Have a HAPPY day!

No comments:

Post a Comment